Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Deflated

Looks like I got my run in just in time! We debated last night if I should run at 7 or 8 this morning. Usually I run at 5:30, but my husband had to leave early for work- so what was best for my oldest daughter to "wake up" enough to hear our youngest if she woke up- we decided 7- well I have been done for about 15-20 minutes because I went a little early and now it's a downpour!!

Yesterday, my brother kind of deflated my running desire and confidence/belief in myself. We talked about the p2p half marathon in our area in September- he said I should just run a 10K because then I know I'll be prepared in my training- I was really thinking I could do the half. I've done some reading and a lot says plan a half for 6 months- well I began running this year in March- so it would be 6 months from the half...... I guess now I'm doubting myself since it seems others are doing that.


Today's run

3 miles 18:03

Mile 1: 9:11
Mile 2: 9:22
Mile 3: 9:29

I really need to improve my times and keep up with my first mile pace- that's my next running goal--- I honestly think if I found a 5K race, I would keep pace- but running alone I set goals for times for mile 1- then what I want to be under for mile 2 and finish--- I make those goals, but it appears not so consistently-- so my goal for tomorrow's 2 mile run is to push the two miles hard and keep pace for both miles.

1 comment: