Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Onto a 10K

And the training begins!

Today I went for a 2.5 mile run. It felt amazing!

Mile 1 9:17 when I heard my time I couldn't believe it! Is it my fastest? No! But I was happy with the pace I had going for the distance I was going to cover.

Mile 2: pace 9:20

Finishing time 2.5 miles 23:24.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with my run. During the run I thought maybe I could hit somewhere in the 22 minute range- BUT as I look back at other 2.5 mile runs, I beat my best time by over a minute. Thursday is a 2 mile run- I'm going push it to run it in the 18 minute range. My best 2 mile time is 19:02 so I definitely think my goal is reachable!

I have been doing a lot of reading about Fartleks--- I'm trying to add those into my runs more to help me get better.......

No comments:

Post a Comment