Thursday, May 16, 2013

Up and out the door-

Today's 2 mile run felt awful! I had a side ache from about .5-2.0 miles. I couldn't get it to go away--- As I was starting the run, I noticed an awful smell- I don't know if someone was burning a tire or what- but I couldn't get that smell or the thought of my side ache out of my head! I tried! I noticed the beautiful trees that are in bloom, but that didn't help my mind stop thinking about my side.

Today's split
Mile 1: 9:23
Mile 2 9: 27
Total time 18:50

I'm pleased with the time as I was hoping for somewhere in the 18 minute range..... I made it! With a BIG push at the end- and that's not because I had a lot of energy left to give, it's because I wanted to beat my time goal!



Half Marathon in September? The thought is in my mind! I wanted to do it last year, but pushed myself too hard in a short amount of time! I don't have a lot of time to decide as the race is filling up fast! Maybe I can sign up for the 10K and if I'm ready for the half- I can change my race?

No comments:

Post a Comment